» Insurance Companies
In India, Insurance is a national matter, in which life and general insurance is yet a booming sector with huge possibilities for different global companies, as life insurance premiums account to 2.5% and general insurance premiums account to 0.65% of India's GDP. The Indian Insurance sector has gone through several phases and changes, especially after 1999, when the Govt. of India opened up the insurance sector for private companies to solicit insurance, allowing FDI up to 26%. Since then, the Insurance sector in India is considered as a flourishing market amongst global insurance companies. However, the largest life insurance company in India is still owned by the government.
The history of Insurance in India dates back to 1818, when Oriental Life Insurance Company was established by Europeans in Kolkata to cater to their requirements. Nevertheless, there was discrimination among the life of foreigners and Indians, as higher premiums were charged from the latter. In 1870, Indians took a sigh of relief when Bombay Mutual Life Assurance Society, the first Indian insurance company covered Indian lives at normal rates. Onset of the 20th century brought a drastic change in the Insurance sector.
In 1912, the Govt. of India passed two acts - the Life Insurance Companies Act, and the Provident Fund Act - to regulate the insurance business. National Insurance Company Ltd, founded in 1906, is the oldest existing insurance company in India. Earlier, the Insurance sector had only two state insurers - Life Insurers i.e. Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), and General Insurers i.e. General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC). In December 2000, these subsidiaries were de-linked from parent company and were declared independent insurance companies: Oriental Insurance Company Limited, New India Assurance Company Limited, National Insurance Company Limited and United India Insurance Company Limited.
Insurance Companies In India
- Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company Limited
- Birla Sun Life Insurance Co. Ltd
- HDFC Standard life Insurance Co. Ltd
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
- ING Vysya Life Insurance Company Ltd.
- Life Insurance Corporation of India
- Max New York Life Insurance Co. Ltd
- Met Life India Insurance Company Ltd.
- Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance Limited
- SBI Life Insurance Co. Ltd
- Tata AIG Life Insurance Company Limited
- Reliance Life Insurance Company Limited.
- Aviva Life Insurance Co. India Pvt. Ltd.
- Shriram Life Insurance Co, Ltd.
- Sahara India Life Insurance
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance
- Future Generali Life Insurance
- IDBI Fortis Life Insurance
- Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance
- Religare Life Insurance
- DLF Pramerica Life Insurance
- Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance
- Agriculture Insurance Company of India
- Apollo DKV Insurance
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance
- HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
- National Insurance Company Ltd
- New India Assurance
- Oriental Insurance Company
- Reliance General Insurance
- Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance
- Shriram General Insurance Company Limited
- Tata AIG General Insurance
- United India Insurance
- Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd
Insurance,Insurance Companies, Types of Insurance, life Insurance, general insurance, Disability Insurance, Home Insurance, Motar Insurance, Medical Insurance, Term Insurance, Travel Insurance, Unemployment Insurance, Farmer Insurance